Our Mission & Vision
Black Rock Church is located in Fairfield, Connecticut. We were established in 1849 by just a few faithful Christ-followers and have now grown to thousands of adults and children who attend our services each weekend. As a non-denominational church, we welcome you no matter your religious background.
Love God. Love People. Serve our World.
We want to see people develop into mature disciples who are equipped to glorify God through membership in His family, ministry in the church, and mission to our community and beyond.
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and, in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, and His ascension into Heaven, and His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in "that blessed hope," the personal return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and, thereby, become children of God.
- We believe that those who have been born again have everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation but are passed from death unto life; and that the Lord Jesus Christ gives unto them eternal life and that they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of God’s hand.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.