Care & Prayer
Welcome to Black Rock Cares, serving the families of our church and Fairfield County through practical acts of kindness that focus on the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of people. We seek to live out God's love so that others will come to know Jesus and grow as Christ-followers. Through counseling, financial assistance, prayer and other forms of support, Black Rock Care shows active love to those who are struggling with the hardships of life. At Black Rock, we care about you! Your need is our priority!
Caring for the Entire Family
Black Rock Cares works closely with our ministry teams to help ensure that each person receives exceptional care. We’re devoted to caring for the young, and not-so-young, with ongoing and seasonal resources designed to serve families with small children, our senior adults, and everyone in between!
Community Group Care
One of the best ways to give and receive care is through Community Groups – small groups that meet weekly to help people build trusting relationships, grow as Christ-followers, and learn to care. For information about our Community Groups, check out our Community Groups Page, or stop by the Next Steps kiosk in the Welcome Center on Sunday!
Living Free Night
Are you facing challenges that hold you back in your relationship with God and others? While it takes courage to admit that we are struggling, help is here when we’re ready to take a bold step forward. If you, or someone you know in the Black Rock family, are dealing with the effects of abuse and trauma, anger, childlessness or infant death, divorce, grief, chemical or other dependencies, Black Rock’s Living Free Night provides a safe place where you can find healing, hope and support. All groups meet Thursdays at 7:00 pm. For confidential information, email .
Professional Christian Counseling – For information about expert counseling aimed at psychological and spiritual healing, please click here.
Financial Counseling – We have trained personnel ready to help you set up a budget and manage your finances responsibly using biblical principles. We are also available to assist those needing credit and debt counseling using the services of expert financial advisers. Contact the Care Office for additional information.
The Bible teaches that the prayers of a righteous person (anyone made right with God through Jesus Christ) are powerful, and have wonderful results (James 5:16). At Black Rock, effective care and prayer go hand-in-hand. Our guests and church family alike can receive prayer for their needs by emailing a request to our online prayer form. To learn more about Black Rock's prayer process, please email Gaylord Lemke, our Care & Prayer Pastor, at .
Moms in Prayer -
Moms in Prayer International calls mothers around the world to passionately pray before God for the lives of their children and the schools they attend (from preschool to college). Black Rock’s Moms in Prayer groups meet each Wednesday, from 6:30 - 7:30 pm, in the Prayer Room. Join us as we seek God for our children! Contact: Denise Sgandurra poissond1@hotmail.
Private Prayer Sessions – Black Rock Prayer is here to serve you when you’re facing life’s challenges. Our confidential and private small group prayer sessions (30-60 minutes) are led by approved, experienced prayer leaders on the third Saturday morning of each month at our Fairfield campus. For more information, or to plan a meeting, email . God’s power to meet our needs is unlimited; all we have to do is ask and believe!
Weekly Prayer Meeting | Wednesdays @ 7:00pm - Every Wednesday evening a faithful team gathers to pray for the needs of our church and community. You are always welcome to join us Wednesdays at 7:00pm in the Gathering Room to worship God and pray together.
Here to Serve You!
Listed below are a few of the ways that Black Rock's Care Ministry can help during your times of need:
- Calling & Visiting Teams – Telephone contacts and visits (Bible reading, prayer, etc.) with the hospitalized, homebound or those in rehabilitation and retirement centers
- Cards Team – Personalized encouragement cards for the grieving, ill or otherwise in need and for those celebrating births, graduations and other important life events
- Family & Individual Counseling – Pastoral & specialized counseling aimed at psychological and spiritual healing
- Financial Counseling – Budgeting, credit & debt counseling that is Biblically & fiscally sound
- Funeral Receptions – A complimentary, light meal following funerals or memorial services
- Health Care – Healthcare assistance, information, and referrals
- Meals – Full meals, soups, and pies delivered to those who are recovering from serious illness, surgery or otherwise in need of encouragement
- Military & Student Support – Useful items mailed to those in the military, homemade treats sent with encouraging notes to our students
- Seasonal Gifts – Helping families in need celebrate the joys of Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving by providing food, gift cards & grants
- Transportation to healthcare-related appointments and church services
If you have questions, or need to get in touch with Black Rock's Care, contact our Care Office at 203.255.3401 ext. 102, or email BRC Cares.
~Black Rock Cares Application
~Black Rock Cares Financial Assistance Questionnaire
~Budgeting & Other Financial Resources
~Counseling Referral Resources
~Help Caring for a Senior Adult
~Help Recovering from a Divorce
~Help Recovering from Grief